twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)
A summary for this week's updates:

=Dating Video=
Hmm, it's interesting to see actually there's so much teens that have very open concept about sex be it casual sex or those involving relationship. The statistics say about 10% but it's definitely under-reported.

This girl Karen has about 50 sexual partners. Omg, that's really a lot. Why don't someone give her a right piece of mind about the real concept of true love? Maybe there's addiction involved but I think no one will like to feel that cheap about themselves.

For me, I don't really have a clear line as to where I'll allow dating to go. But still I don't see myself going far if I start dating now. Probably almost impossible. Ha, but I don't like the idea of casual sex anyway.

=GP Video=
It's about the effects of outsourcing due to globalisation. Outsourcing refers to the procuring of services or products, such as the parts used in manufacturing a motor vehicle, from an outside supplier or manufacturer in order to cut costs. Overall, I find the video quite interesting except for the saturated high pitch sound produced as the AV room is locked, thus unable to reduce the volume.

Can't remember if it's the Bangladesh or Bangalore indians that's featured... Should be the latter one. The way how their culture is transformed through outsourcing is very much similar to Singapore in the past. They have become rather westernized or americanized in just a short period of time. The difference of ideas shared by just 2 generations can be quite significant.

This leads me to think about whether that is the inevitable outcome of globalisation. However, the relative idea of americanisation is rather controversial I think. Since America happens to be the first to start such consumerism trend and other countries follow doesn't neccessary mean that they're incorporating American culture. If it's some other nation that start out as a super power, they will develop along the same kind of pattern I believe.

However, focusing on the call company alone which recruits large numbers of educated indians can already make their lives rather different. They are trained in American's accent. The 't' sound is being softened to sound like 'd'. 'Water' have to sound like 'wader'. Ha, I find it personally rather amusing as I've never really taken attention to nuances in pronunciation especially in English accent.

On the other hand, the idea of 'glocalised' as defined by the journalist of CNN is to embrace globalisation and yet localised it to their culture is pretty much demonstrated so far. Some festivals such as the Valentine's Day is not broadly accepted as they believe love is spontaneous. The indians also have close family ties that bond them very connected to one another. Another thing that freaks me off somehow is the pool of talents that are produced annually. Imagine how much competition there'll be when I enter the working pool. Will employment be unprecedentally challenging in the future? I suppose only dilligence can give me a better insurance for that...

=London=
Basically, I have no comments as to it being chosen as 2012's hosting venue. I suppose anywhere will do as long as the spirit of Olympic is there. Shouldn't that be the main purpose? Of course, the implications of it being chosen is far more attractive other than the prestige. Tourism and economic sector will benefit from it for sure.

However sadly, just after the day they won the venue for Olympic, it's being bombed by terrorists. I've scanned through a couple of lines from the news and I wonder if it'll make visitors drop their confidence of visiting London. I suppose so, but 2012 is still 7 years away, who'll know what lies ahead. Their last bad scale of deaths was during WWII when the german drop missiles on them I think.

=TJ VP=
Eh, another person has just become a vice principal in TJ. Oh man, how many vice principalS do we need? Addressing all of them during morning assembly will seem like a funny issue. Such a long list of names, ha.

=Computing Coursework=
Being dilligent will help but sometimes I just wish I were a little more smarter. Perhaps that will save me quite a great deal of effort and time. There's quite a lot of things I cannot grasp it very well. It seems to me that Maran and Quang Hung can... Haiz.. I shall try harder then.

=Misc=
For no reasons, I seem to reminicise the times when I was in NYJC. I miss all my friends there. Wonder how they're doing.

I hate people who will just be very nice to me only when help is needed from me. Other than that, they don't talk to me. Don't need to pretend to be nice. Even if you don't take pleasure in talking to me, just being normal will do.

I just hope my friends can be a little more caring...

0 comments: