twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Goodbye 2007, Hello 2008

Thinking back about 2007, it wasn't really a good year I believe. There's many things that took nasty turns for many Singaporeans. Some examples of what I can think of is the rising cost of living. GST charges rose to 7% instead of 5% and taxi fares soar sky high. Also, the NKF saga was something not to be forgotten. It's a reminder to us all to be fully aware of donation scams for which the sum of money can be mainly pocketed to someone's riches.

For me, it's the year whereby I had 2 major injuries: fractured my little finger and permanently damaged my knee meniscus. It had made me feel so down. Everyone around me had to work so hard to help me a lot for the time when I'm down with injuries. Of course there are some who simply think that it's my way of escaping responsibilities. It made me see who my friends are and to appreciate their effort in relieving the pain in recovery. I sincerely thank everyone who were with me all these while.

For this year 2008, I hope to make positive impacts on people's lives. I learnt that life is not just about making oneself happy. It's not easy but I believe I can do it. I also want to become more thick-skinned to do the things I want to do and not get set back easily by disapproving people.

More updates regarding countdown celebration shall be posted later... Take care people.

0 comments: